What is Staging?
Staging is your most powerful marketing tool. Staging is the process of professionally preparing your home to sell (or rent) faster than your competition for the best possible price in your current market. It is converting a home into a property that can be merchandised as a product.
When should I Stage my home?
The best time to Stage your home is before you put it on the market.
If you're planning to sell, the sooner you start the better! It may take some time to prepare your property for sale. If your property has been on the market it will still pay off to stage it now. Many properties on the market for long periods of time sold in days after staging
You only have one chance to make a first impression! Home buyers make their decisions based on emotional reactions within the FIRST 15 SECONDS of entering a home! Make your first impression the LAST IMPRESSION!
How much does Staging cost?
Staging is an investment, not a cost. Keep in mind that the staging investment will always be far less than your first asking price reduction. Typically, first price reductions range from 3%-5%. In more difficult markets a reduction of 10%-15% is needed to attract new buyers. For most properties, a Basic Property Consultation itemizing what needs to be done to prepare the property for sale cost less than the Appraisal or Home Inspection. Even if you choose to have us complete the entire staging process, you cost will be far less than an asking price reduction.
My home is decorated, why do I need to Stage?
Staging by no means is not decorating but rather a specific form of marketing. Decorating involves personalizing your home to meet your taste in style and color. Staging is depersonalizing to creating a neutral but welcoming feel for your property so that any potential buyer can immediately envision themselves living there. We use proven marketing strategies to stage the property for maximum positive impact appealing to the greatest number of purchasers.
Why should I Stage my home?
For the most part, buyers tend to have tunnel vision and seem only to absorb what they actually see and not what could be. The minute your property is placed on the market, it becomes a product. It possesses both pluses and minuses. Professional staging will enhance those pluses and minimize the minuses to gain the edge over the competition. In today's market, two things sell a home: Price and Staging. The right price will get the buyer in the door, but Professional Property Staging closes the sale.
What is the process for Home Staging?
- Working with your real estate agent we obtain pertinent information about the property to properly assess a target market.
- We set an appointment to meet with the homeowner and/or real estate agent to preview both the interior and exterior the home.
- At the property we assess what must be accomplished to prepare the property for sale and show at its best. We prepare a written, comprehensive Staging plan particular to that home. The investment fee depends on the size of the property and the amount of work you are willing to tackle yourself.
- It's then up to the homeowner to decide if they would like to do the work themselves or hire us to accomplish some or all the plan.
- We can do as little or as much as you like. We are also available for follow up, questions or open house preparation.
What are the benefits of Staging?
- Staging Statistics show over and over again that a staged home sells at least 50% faster than a comparable non-staged home. Sometimes in just days.
- Sells for Highest Market Value
- According to statistics, a staged home sells for between 7% and 17% more than comparable non-staged homes.
- Looks Better on the Internet, MLS and Advertising Materials
- A cluttered or vacant home is not appealing “in person”, but it's even less appealing in pictures. Real estate agents looking for potential properties or clients browsing the internet easily pass by vacant homes because without basic furnishings it’s impossible to appreciate actual room. If a home' is filled with cluttered it generally appears to diminish its size and the viewer may be so distracted that they can’t even recognize the purpose of the room.
- Outshines the Competition
- Staging creates an Impact immediately placing the property on the top of their “Remember” list.
- Attracts the Broadest Range of Buyers
- Once depersonalized and professionally staged your property will appeal to a much larger pool of potential purchasers.
- Agents are more likely to show a Staged property
- Real estate agents know they are more likely to sell a home that is staged and designed to sell, than a home that is cluttered or vacant.
- Appraisers are More Likely to Appraise Your Home at It’s Full Value
My house is already on the market, isn’t it too late to Stage it?
Absolutely not! It’s not unusual for homes to be Staged after sitting on the market for a while. We may ask you to take your home off the market for a day or two, so that we can professionally Stage the home and then you can re-enter the market, possibly with another Agent Tour or Open House.
I know my house has a few things that need to be repaired, should I fix them or sell "AS IS"?
As part of our Home Evaluation, we will work with you to target the items that will make a substantial difference in the sale of your home. Remember, you won’t always have to paint and begin a lot of home improvement projects to make your house more attractive. In many circumstances, we are able to create the right look by simply editing the furnishings and/or bringing in some greenery and accessories.
How long does it take to Stage a home?
After completing the basic depersonalizing, de-cluttering and general maintenance, depending on the size of your home and how many rooms we will be Staging, the process can take as little as 1 to 3 days.
Can you use my existing furnishings?
Yes. As Staging professionals, we will use your existing furnishings in ways you may have never imagined. If additional items are required to complete the staging process, these will be mentioned in the completed evaluation.
Can I do some of the Staging myself?
Yes, we encourage your help when it comes to packing any collectibles, valuables, and other items of extreme importance. These are items you don't want to leave out anyway when your home is on the market for sale. There may be general maintenance or certain repairs that might need to be done, so we encourage that you either hire those tasks out or possibly tackle them yourselves
Some Of The Areas We Serve, By Virginia Zip Code....
Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County: Aldie, Arcola, Alexandria, Annandale 22033, Arlington, Ashburn, Bristow, 20136, Burke, Centreville 20120,
20121, Chantilly 20152, 20151, Clifton 20124, Falls Church 22042, 22043, 22041, 22044, 22046, Fairfax 22030, 22031,22032, 22033, Fairfax Station 22039,
Gainesville, Great Falls 22066, Herndon, Leesburg, Manassas, Manassas Park, McLean 22101, Oakton 22124, Reston, South Riding 20152, Sterling 20164,
20165, 20166, Vienna 22180,22181,22182, Woodbridge and surrounding areas.